This summer, The Walled Garden and Butterfly House at Castle Gardens in Sherborne will host a series of exciting events starting with The Twits by open-air theatre company Illyria on Saturday 30th June.
As well as the Garden Centre's themed weekends, promotions and displays, the team has also joined up with other organisations to have high profile ticketed events for people in the area to enjoy. Author of Chocolat Joanne Harris will be at the Garden Centre on Thursday 12th July talking about her new book 'Peaches for Monsieur Le Cure'; Illyria will be back with their open air stage to perform Henry V on Wednesday 18th July and TV gardener and horticulturist Toby Buckland will be speaking at the Wildlife Awards on Thursday 19th July.
Mike Burks comments: "We have a great space in our Walled Garden and in The Butterfly House and it seemed only sensible to use the space for performances and events not just for our own use but for the benefit of other organisations - it has been a pleasure to work with such creative people and to build a really diverse programme for the summer months. We're thrilled to have Illyria back and are really looking forward to hosting Joanne Harris; thanks must go to the Sherborne Literary Society for bringing such a high profile and accomplished author to Sherborne".
Information and tickets for each event is available from Castle Gardens, New Road, Sherborne Dorset, DT9 5NR. A full list of ticketed events is below:
• Saturday 30th June The Twits by Illyria - bring a picnic and rug to sit on
• Thursday 12th July A talk by Joanne Harris author of Chocolat - refreshments served
• Friday 13th July Quiz Night to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust - refreshments served
• Sunday 15 July Afternoon tea with Sherborne Town Band from 2.30pm. Free to attend and cream teas available.
• Monday 16th July A talk by Sara Jones and music from Teresa De Roberto with Friends of the Yeatman Hospital - bring a picnic. Sara Jones is the Widow of Col. 'H' Jones and will talk about her involvement with The Falklands Families Association, the RBL Poppy Factory and the Falkland Island Memorial Chapel.
• Wednesday 18th July Henry V by Illyria - bring a picnic and rug to sit on
• Thursday 19th July Dorset Wildlife Trust Wildlife Awards with talk from Toby Buckland - refreshments served